1. At the start of every day complete the following:
“My purpose for today is…”
2. Take a 10-30 minute “Thank you” walk every day. While you walk practice gratitude. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
3. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
4. Get more sleep (go to bed by 9) – it’s the ultimate energizer.
5. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Do the “one thing” you have always wanted to do.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
11. Mentor someone and have someone mentor you.
12. Engage in daily random acts of kindness.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing positive energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum. The lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
19. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
20. At the end of every day complete the following two statements:
“I am thankful for…”
“Today I accomplished…”